Thursday, November 01, 2007

"Worrying is like a rocking chair; it swings you back and forth and takes you nowhere." - Kenyan proverb

I am three minutes away from my self-imposed "must start packing" deadline, but I wanted to write. Why am I packing? Because I am headed for my sweet Carolina for Homecoming weekend. :-) It has been 5 months and 2 weeks since my last visit to Chapel Hill. The longest I've gone since I first stepped foot on campus in August 2002. And yes, I keep track.
This week started out with me tired, and is about to end with me finally not as tired. I remember from psyc 10 that we can accrue a sleep debt of up to two weeks. I swear I just accrue and accrue and accrue. Mine tends to drag on for weeks, where I just need sleep. It always tends to be around this time of year. I just have to fight fight fight it.

Last Saturday was a day I fought and won around 3 p.m., when I finally left my apartment in need of a meeting with my old friend T.J. It was nice to see him, and a photogenic wedding party too.

An hour and six minutes after my deadline started, I actually am almost done packing. I'm trying this thing where I only pack what I need. Crazy talk, I know. I'm sure I'll regret it come Saturday morning, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails