Monday, August 16, 2010

And now I see the long, the short, the middle, and what's in between

I've been in a funk lately, both blogging- and life-wise, so here are some bullet points to wake me up:
  • Nothing makes me miss college less than being amongst the throngs of new students shopping at Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. As amazing as college turned out to be, being on the precipice of the unknown--full of shower buckets, mini fridges, and hot pots--was just too scary.
  • I don't get all the hype about Whole Foods.
  • It's weird enough when people my age that I actually know and converse with get married and have kids. But when Carolina basketball players my age do it, it seems even more weird. It's like they're frozen in my head standing outside the dining hall or winning championships, and if they are growing up, it means I should be, too.
  • One day I want to walk up to a hipster--decked out in her fedora, neon wayfarers, dress with a too-high waist, and saddleshoes--and just go, "Really? Do you think you look good? Really?"
  • My new shampoo and conditioner is making my hair super silky and smooth. I just want to touch it all the time but I think that might be weird.
  • When she went to Charlotte recently, my mom bought me some Cherry Lemon Sun Drop, which I brought back here when I was home last weekend. I've been subsisting on it ever since. This may be why it's almost 11 p.m. but I'm wide awake and my fingers are twitching.
  • And because this post needs just a little more random, me kissing a Lego Yoda:
When Yoda says, "Kiss me, you must," it's hard to say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails