I can tell you exactly where I was six years ago tonite. (As can 95% of the people who read my blog.) I still can't adequately describe the range of emotions on that day except to say it was one of the best days of my life. For many reasons.
Things I remember most:
- Watching it at BSU, the organization I was a part of for 4 years.
- Spending halftime trying to get a cell phone signal to call home. And once I made it through, having my brother freak out because I had not called during halftime for the other games and I was jinxing it.
- Knowing the game was ours when Sean May got the rebound and everyone around me started jumping up and down. And I got elbowed in the eye but it was totally ok.
- Walking to Franklin with Jan as we kept skipping, squealing, and saying, "I'm just so happy! I'm just so happy!"
- Running into my former roomie and friend, Ashley, amidst the 55,000 other people.
- Getting back to my room and IMing one of my best high school friends, which basically just consisted of me typing "AHHHH!!!!!"
- Feeling invincible.
There is more but I'll end it here for now. And bid adieu to college basketball-related posts until October. Probably.
*I know the time stamp says April 5, but I never could fix it on that camera, my last non-digital camera. Which ate many of my pictures from this night and the coming home ceremony. Of course, I can't get the date right on my current digital camera either. But at least it doesn't eat my precious memories.