Several months ago I saw an ad in a metro station that said "When you believe more, you sleep less."
I couldn't remember what the ad was for, but when googling for this post, I came across this picture:
Apparently it's for Verizon. Since I have so much trouble sleeping, I began pondering this.
I think A LOT. My brain doesn't stop. I believe (see!) I've talked about this before. It's not like I'm thinking of theorems or medical cures, most of the time it's really mundane stuff. Because of the hamster-stuck-on-a-wheel brain of mine, I examine my feelings and thoughts on a variety of subjects a lot. I definitely lose sleep often because of over-thinking things. Or, maybe, I lose sleep because I believe? That's a sad thought. I think I'll take belief over sleep any day.
Now, in no particular order, a few things I believe in:
- Hard work
- Everything happens for a reason
- Not everyone is meant to be with someone else
- Marriage equality
- Racial equality
- Gender equality
- Redistribution of wealth
- Socialism in theory not practice
- America isn't the best country in the world just the loudest
- Ross and Rachel were on a break
- Saturday Night Live will never be cancelled
- Baseball should only be 5 innings
- There's no way paper beats rock
- Holding grudges
- Intelligence making you beautiful
- UNC basketball
- Heaven will be a lot like Chapel Hill
- That in the end those who are fair and just and dedicated will come out on top