Monday, June 15, 2009

"This isn't it is it." (Buckminster Fuller)

According to my father, I neither update my blog enough, nor keep it interesting enough for his liking. Sorry, Daddy, not sure this will be too interesting for you either.

I've been trying to think of what I've been doing lately, and I honestly don't know. I work a lot, read a lot, started walking whenever I can around the Capitol/Mall. I sleep some, eat a little, write none. But it's now officially summer in my mind, as I was waiting until this past weekend was over to declare it so. I spent the weekend doing photo shoots in the Virginia suburbs for work. (I rarely talk about work, but it was for work. In this case, I wrote the training, and then we needed photos to match. I wasn't in them - thank god - just making sure everything was what we needed. It was interesting and different from what I often work on.).

I haven't had a straight up do whatever I want weekend in awhile. I require weekends for rejuvenation and sanity, so this hasn't been ideal. But I'm determined to make the most of this summer, which primarily means getting away. I'm burned out and some days it's all I can do to not scream out obscenities just for the release. So thus far that means Chicago in July and the whirlwind beach/home/Chapel Hill in August. And in between that, who knows? Boston, Philly, Vegas, a beach up here? We shall see.

I did manage to fit in a walk on Saturday evening to see Mr. Lincoln, whom I haven't seen in awhile.


And that's enough of the non-interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same approach to summer, and like you I've already got a schedule up: http://www.dmbosstone.com/2009/06/pho-tour-2009/.

    I want to say Boston is a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails