- Never went a day without having my nails painted.
- Owned no real t-shirts.
- Never left the house without everything looking just. so.
- Had my nails painted some days.
- Accrued more than 50 t-shirts.
- Never wore pajamas to class and rarely wore a hoodie out.
- Sometimes go days with chipped nail polish or unevenly filed nails.
- Wore a hoodie to work. Twice.
- Had to talk myself out of wearing a t-shirt today that has been previously used to exercise and sleep in. And I wore a baseball hat.
This could be looked at as a sign that I'm letting go of some of my perfectionist control freak tendencies. But...
I ironed both the sleep/exercise shirt and the shirt I ended up wearing. Both of which had to have navy in them to match the hat. Then I lint rolled the hat because it had fuzzies on it. On the feet were black flip flops instead of brown to match my black bag. Finally, I went through several pairs of earrings and necklaces before settling on ones that went with the casual and effortless look I was going for.
It turns out that even when I'm being a lazy slob I'm still a perfectionist control freak. Maybe I don't need to say hello to the housecoats and slippers just yet.