Friday, July 23, 2010

Fountain Friday

As mentioned numerous times before, fountains are one of my most favorite things. The first fountain I ever loved was at a bank building in my hometown. In front was a shallow, rectangular pool of water with four or five little geyser-type fountains. To be honest, they're quite piddly, especially compared to so many others, but it was always a thrill to drive by and see them working. (For some reason they weren't on all the time.)

Fountains just fill me with such joy. I firmly believe in embracing the little things in life and if something as simple as a little concrete and water can make me smile, then I will continue to seek them out and run up to every one I see. And then photograph them. In sorting through my pictures folders I realized I have photos of more than 50 individual fountains. From two continents, half a dozen states, and seven countries. So as long as there are fountains to be seen, every Friday is now Fountain Friday.


Russell Square
London, England

The Bloomsbury and Russell Square area of London will always hold a special place in my heart because it's where I lived for four weeks of summer school. But somehow I didn't make it to the actual Russell Square until I moved back. After a week or two I made my way to Bloomsbury for lunch at one of my favorite pizza places. I went to the Square to eat lunch and discovered this fountain. It's one of my favorites because it's such a natural part of the environment. There is no barrier, and I love that I could just walk right through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails