Wednesday, December 08, 2010

The train ain't even left the station

Song of the Week: Oh Children by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds



I love this song so much. Though I just bought it a week ago it's already making it's way up my most played list. And severely infringing on my Christmas music listening in the process. But I don't care. The song played on repeat all day today and I just can't get enough. It makes me happy and sad at the same time.

And yes, it's from perhaps my favorite scene in the new Harry Potter movie, when Harry and Hermione dance. The second time I saw the movie it just made me sob. Two teenagers in the midst of a journey they shouldn't have to be on just trying to have a light-hearted moment while dancing to this heartbreakingly beautiful song.

I'm stressed and anxious 95% of the time so when something calms me I run with it. And right now, this song is giving me peace.

My favorite verses:

Hey, little train! We're jumping on./
The train that goes to the Kingdom./
We're happy, Ma, we're having fun./
And the train ain't even left the station.

Hey, little train! Wait for me!/
I once was blind but now I see./
Have you left a seat for me?/
Is that such a stretch of the imagination?

Hey, little train! Wait for me!/
I was held in chains but now I'm free./
I'm hanging in there, don't you see./
In this process of elimination.

Hey, little train! We're jumping on./
The train that goes to the Kingdom./
We're happy, Ma, we're having fun./
It's beyond my wildest expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails