Thursday, January 20, 2011

Do and Don't

I do feel like an adult when I
Go to the Kennedy Center to see the ballet.

I don't feel like an adult when I
Eat at the Potbelly on GW's campus beforehand because I can eat for less than $10.

I do feel like an adult when I
Make appetizers for a potluck/book club gathering.

I don't feel like an adult when I
Get very turned around and lost on the way and cry a little.

I do feel like an adult when I
Make a binder with calendar pages and pockets to organize my bills.

I don't feel like an adult when I 
Still forget when they are due.

I do feel like an adult when I
Am in the same building (The Kennedy Center, tonite) with the President and First Lady.

I don't feel like an adult when I
Try to think of possible responses should I happen upon them and they all include randomly shouting "I love you," "Bo," or "Rahm!"

I do feel like an adult when I 
Go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up refreshed.

I don't feel like an adult 
All the time because I never go to bed at a reasonable hour and I never wake up refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails