Sunday, September 23, 2012

Things I Learned This Weekend

Dogs are good for the soul.
Yes, I've known this for years. But since Wednesday I've been dog sitting for a friend and I was reminded of it.


Some dogs like to get up early.
Specifically, 6 a.m. on a Sunday.

And some dogs don't understand what "5 more minutes" means. 
But I did get him to wait until 7:20 this morning.


Poop is gross.
And I don't like picking it up.

If you have to get up a lot in the middle of the night to pee and/or blow your allergy-riddled nose, the dog will think it's time to go out.
No, Bugsy, I'm not taking you out at 3 a.m.


Columbia Heights has lots of hidden gems that are fun to explore with a friend.
Lauren came to visit and we ate, shopped, and walked Bugsy. Hidden gems included this statue and a little-pricey-but-still-fun-to-explore consignment shop.


Just because a bakery won "Cupcake Wars," twice, doesn't mean it's very good.
But Lauren and I had fun trying the PB&J and the s'mores ones anyway.
 

I officially am never going to love Eleven as much as I love Ten.
Talking about Doctor Who, of course. I want my Doctor back.

You're never too old for the Halloween section at Target.
As Brandie the witch, Karey the spider hat, and Bonnie the hatchet victim proved.


I can go to Target every day and never get bored.
I'm staying at my friend's place, which is only a 5 minute walk to Target. I may or may not have been  every day. But I've only spent about $30. Whew.

The Emmys are even more enjoyable when one of your best friends is at them.
My friend, Jan, works for a network and is in the audience at the Emmys this year. From helping her pick a dress to reading her tweets and texts, it's been really exciting and I'm excited for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails