Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 290: It pays to complain

I develop overly strong attachments to certain drink and food items. And these often end up being the so-called "seasonal" items that are only available certain months of the year, for no apparent reason other than to have me clump a year's worth of purchases into a 3 month period. (And royally piss me off, of course.) When I went to Cosi today with the intent to finally get a meatball sandwich that has been off their menu since May, I was told it was "gone, no more." I was quite upset but got another, far more inferior sandwich anyway, and whilst eating it wrote an email all but begging them to put it on the menu.
I've been threatening to do this to Bojangles for years in protest of their delectable cinnamon biscuits only being available in western NC, but have yet to do it, so this is my first letter to a restaurant demanding the return of a favorite food item.

And lo and behold, the next day I got a response! Thus, come November 4, I will either be celebrating a certain candidate's victory with a warm, meatball aurora, or crying into my basil and provolone.
I think it's time to have a chat with Bojangles now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails