Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 305: If you never try than you'll never know

Today was pretty much an awesome day, with lots of good new. (Long post, lots of pictures.)

It began with my company's annual staff meeting/Halloween party. I wore a tutu that I made. Both new as I've never previously worn nor made a tutu. I'm afraid it could be addicting. I tried it on the night before and did a load of laundry whilst wearing it. Best load of laundry ever.

Making the tutu with a red carpet of tulle. Tutorial on laptop on left, Giants game on TV on right. Doesn't everyone make their tutus whilst watching football?
In progress.
Final product. My only caveats are that I couldn't find wings, and that it's too poufy, as it wasn't techinally tulle, but another kind of netting, that refused to lie down.

We had breakfast and lunch and played games, including taking the latest citizenship test. I was one of two people, out of 60 total, to get all the questions correct! Now not only am I a knowledgeable U.S. citizen, I'm also $50 richer in AmEx gift cards for my dedication! (Sadly, I don't have pictures from the party, as the ladybug had no pockets, thus the ladybug had no camera.)

After actually having to work in the afternoon, and then an almost-nap at home, I set out for the Coldplay concert in downtown D.C. This is my first concert in almost three years, my first concert in D.C. and of course, my first time seeing Coldplay.

I had great lower-level seats (also a new thing) and they played all of my favorite songs. Chris Martin has manic energy that was catching and it just got better and better. And I mean that, as a little more than halfway through the show they took off the stage and into the crowd, to perform "The Scientist" and one other song, 3 ROWS FROM ME!!!! I was second seat from the aisle when they ran by and could have touched Chris Martin. (I tried, but didn't quite make it. And honestly, I may have recoiled, as he was 90% sweat. I love Coldplay, but I don't love sweat.)

They didn't glow this much in real life, even with the sweat. And Mr. Big Head in the black shirt is not a member of the band. Had I had an apple with me, I would have thrown it at his big neck.
Overall it was an amazing night and I have so much respect and admiration for them as artists and performers. My pictures aren't great as I stupidly adhered to the "no cameras" rule on the ticket and only had my phone, but they'll do until I can get some from the guy who sat beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails