- Clothes. Wore my new dress with tights. I don't get to wear tights a lot since I'm always cold, but they make me so happy, I might just have to sacrifice warmth.
- Motorcade. After lunch, I walked toward Pennsylvania Ave. and the Newseum, just in time to see the presidential motorcade as he headed for the Capitol. I've been in the D.C. area for two years, and this is my first motorcade. (Excluding the one I saw the day of the pre-inauguration concert; he wasn't President yet.) So what if I stood and watched and grinned. I refuse to become jaded and not appreciate the unique opportunities that living in the capitol provides.
- Newseum. Finally made it to the Newseum—my new favorite place. More on this later.
- Movies. Saw Where the Wild Things Are, a beautiful movie. Aside from a few parts where I cried, I pretty much sat there and smiled the entire time.
- Food. After a long day, with my feet hurting and just wanting to get home, I got a pizza sandwich from Potbelly—perfection.
- C-SPAN. Got home, ate, got warm, and started watching C-SPAN health care debate coverage. Yeah, I don't know what has gotten into me. It's not my first time watching C-SPAN, but it's the first time I've watched it for as long as I did, with such an interest in what I was watching. And I was in such a good mood, I didn't even get mad at the people I disagreed with. I just yelled back at them.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Finally getting around to my past weekend. Saturday was the best day I've had in awhile because, in terribly-written bullet form: