Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Things I Learned This Weekend

Baseball is infinitely more entertaining and interesting when there is alcohol involved.
I attended Friday's rainy but fun Nationals game with some coworkers. Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever been tipsy at a sporting event. Maybe that shouldn't be a surpising fact, but it is, and I'm ok with that.

Living without a roommate for a month has some perks, but nothing beats spending a day with her watching stupid movies and episodes of "Sex and the City."
My roomie's back in town after being gone for awhile.

J Crew makes clothes in the prettiest shade of Carolina blue.
I bought a new summer dress shirt. Though the last thing on Earth I need is another blue dress shirt. I resisted the shorts.

White denim jeans are surprisingly cute on. But very, very white.
I tried on a pair but, in the words of Carrie Bradshaw, "I will never be the woman who can wear white and not spill on it." Accepting our faults is a key aspect of adulthood and that is certainly one of mine. And I embrace it. From a safe distance in my blue denim jeans.

It's possible and preferable to go two weekends in a row without using the metro at all.
Only used my feet or a bus. It was hot and my feet hurt, but I think it was worth it.

A hamburger from Burger King is not the same as a hamburger cooked on the grill.
This was my Memorial Day lunch. I'll make up for the anti-holildayness of it when I go home for the Fourth.

My last name is not the only part of my name that can be grossly misspelled:


I went to Z Burger in Tenleytown and this is how they recorded my name. AFTER I spelled it for them. Who would look at a little baby girl and think, "I know what we shall name her: Bollid! Huzzah!" (Because apparently Bollid is medieval?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails