Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Things I Learned This (Long) Weekend

If you've had a long day and look tired and stressed, you won't get carded at Giant.
Occasionally I won't get carded at restaurants, but I always get carded at grocery and liquor stores. Until Friday night.

Movies about ballet are just the most greatest thing ever.
I saw the ballet documentary "First Position" on Saturday and just loved it. I also love the fact that the ticket taker guessed what movie I was seeing based on how I looked. He doesn't have to know that I trip over my own feet every day.

Margaritas and a Mexican lunch with a friend is also the most greatest thing ever.
I hadn't been able to have a real conversation with my friend, Shana, in a month, and it was so nice to sit outside and just talk and eat and drink on a slow, summer Saturday.

There is a young woman my age named Bonnie at Lululemon.
As I never meet anyone my age named Bonnie, and neither does she, this was a great thing to learn.

Shopping at a consignment store after two margaritas probably isn't smart.
But I did it anyway and got a few good deals. And a pair of jeans I may have to return.

Falling asleep to "Dawson's Creek" is a great way to start a nap.
My first of three naps of the weekend was Saturday afternoon, with the newest addition to Netflix Instant on the laptop.

The Potomac River isn't just a polluted cesspool with androgynous fish, it also produces some Great Falls.
On Sunday, I went to the National Park Great Falls with Brandie and Karey. We looked out over the falls and hiked the River Trail. It was great to get out of the city and spend some time outside. (More later.)


It's possible to go to Target and only buy two fun things.
Try as I might, I could only buy practical things like cleaning supplies and face wash. I got so fed up that in the checkout line I impulsively grabbed a Ritter Sport bar and the Rolling Stone with MCA on the cover. I refuse to be that much of a grown up!

Homemade guacamole is the perfect summer meal.
I'm not sure how many times I've had this in the past week. But I have no intention of stopping.
Two hours by the pool is a great start to the summer.
I laid out on Monday morning and even took a few dips in the crazy-cold pool. Ah, summer.

Every weekend should be a long weekend.
No, really, it should. Who can I speak to about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails