Saturday, March 08, 2008

Day 68: Magic brussel sprouts

First off, a big hell yes to the Tar Heels. There aren't enough words to describe the thrill of beating Duke. Or, as silly as it is, how much we needed this, this week.

But today's new thing has little to do with our resounding victory. More to do with my constant and resounding clumsiness. While leaping like a gazelle to get my drink from the kitchen during a commercial, the gazelle was ensared by a lion - i.e. my purse - and then catapulted over a ravine during the escape - i.e. the footstool. In other words, I got my foot caught in my purse and in my haste to fling it off instead of bending down to remove it, I flew over the footstool, landing solidly on both my knees.

I dragged myself to in front of the tv - so I could still watch the game - while praying they weren't broken...so I wouldn't have to miss the game.

In order to prevent a real injury, I grabbed some brussel sprouts from the freezer, and iced my knee for the remainder of the game. As clumsy as I am, and it is well-documented, I very rarely ever have to ice, and have definitely never done it will brussel sprouts. So while the green monsters may be the scourge of every 5-year-old, my knees are a fan.

And also, I now have proof that Dick van Dyke truly is a comic genius and perhaps secretly a tightrope walker. Dodging footstools ain't easy.
My sprouts, Tyler's SI, the evil tripping purse in the corner, and a mysterious bruise on my foot, not sure where that came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails