Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 79: Mad About March

It's that time of the year again, one of the BEST times of the year...MARCH MADNESS!

My first March Madness outside of North Carolina, where basketball is so integral to the way of life, that at only 5'8.5", I was still repeatedly asked, "You're tall, do you play basketball?" (The answer, other than that one disastrous season in sixth grade, NO!)

The good news is, the madness exists everywhere. To varying degrees of course, and it's never the same as it is when surrounded by fellow Tar Heels, but it's madness nonetheless.

Including at my work, where today I entered my first ever work pool, for anything, for the NCAA tournament brackets.

And now I'm looking at my pristine bracket, no highlights over the correct picks, no scratch-outs or bad words around the incorrect ones. Just a blank slate and the slight inkling of hope that maybe this year I won't totally and completely suck at it. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails