Friday, March 21, 2008

Day 81: Gone to Carolina (to dye)

Today's new thing happened to take place in my kitchen...at home...in North Carolina...at home...in North Carolina...at home.

I'm a bit excited at being home.

And what better way to welcome being home than by continuing the Easter tradition of dyeing eggs, with a twist: natural egg dyes.

I've read about them in the past, but always headed for the Paas anyway. But when Mom forgot to grab a kit, I decided to grab some spinach, paprika, cumin and celery seed, and tea instead.

Boiling paprika

Getting ready to chill in the refrigerator


The resulting color was pretty much non-existant, and a bit gross. I think I'll go back to my artificial, probably-bad-for-you dyes next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails