Sunday, September 18, 2011

The best laid plans give way to better plans

I have a really busy week ahead and needed to have a very productive weekend in advance of it. Things to do included:

  • Buy plates at Target.
  • Grocery shop for life.
  • Grocery shop for book club potluck.
  • Read my stack of magazines.
  • Sort mail.
  • Switch out summer and fall clothes.
  • Clean bathroom.
  • Clean room.
  • Clean kitchen.
  • Clean living/dining room.
  • Make a skirt.
  • Make a bracelet.
  • Buy other stuff for book club potluck.
  • Prepare for brother's visit this weekend.
Of all the items on that list, exactly zero got done. Zero. While I don't often get all my to do items done, I damn well get at least one done. But nope, just the zero this weekend. Instead I:
  • Hung out, shopped, and ate Bojangles with Gloria.
Thumbs up for her first taste of Bojangles
  • Slept late on Saturday morning.
  • Ate a candy bar for breakfast.
  • Pulled out my fall clothes and went through them but didn't unpack or put them away.
  • Went to a concert with Shana.
Avett Brothers. I am now a fan for life.
  • Slept late on Sunday morning.
  • Stayed trapped in my bedroom due to a suicidal mouse in my living room. (More on this later.)
  • Ate a cup of hash browns for lunch.
  • Took a two-hour nap on couch.
  • Started to make the skirt but stopped.
  • Ordered pizza.
  • Watched the Emmys.
  • Painted nails with gray and glitter to usher in fall.
  • Wrote this blog post and realized just how completely insane this week is going to be.
  • Had no regrets because sometimes a girl just needs her friends, some sleep, and candy for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails