Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A few more Wednesday words

Today's earlier Wednesday Words were from the Rolling Stones documentary I'd blogged about before. Since then I've expanded my Rolling Stones catalogue and have come to really rely on a number of their songs. One of my favorites is "You Can't Always Get What You Want." This really hits home because, well, I always want to get what I want. I can't think of anyone who doesn't want to get what they want. But since sometimes I'll pursue what I want to an obsessive degree and/or at the expense of others, the song serves as a good reminder to calm the eff down.

When I saw this print on Pinterest -- that also perfectly matched my room -- I pinned it, printed it, framed it, and hung it. Now I have a constant reminder that my way isn't the only way or the best way. Hooray.


What it looks like on the shelf. (Along with my MTM-inspired "B;" a crown picture frame with a postcard photo of Queen Elizabeth and the Queen Mother; a diamond paper weight; and the Tiffany-blue book "Stuff Every Woman Should Know.")


And what it looks like in the context of my room. (Please also note the pink pillows with bows that I just made; I'm kind of proud of them.) For the sake of honesty in blogging, while I do make my bed and arrange my pillows every day, they don't usually look that good at 10:00 at night.


I think the location of this new mantra beside my other mantra, "keep calm and carry on," is a good combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails