Monday, April 30, 2012

Things I Learned This Weekend

The ratio of marshmallows to oat pieces in Lucky Charms is still way off.
Someone left a small box of the cereal in the work kitchen and I had it for breakfast for the first time in a very long time on Friday morning.

 
There's a reason I don't buy potato chips and keep them in my apartment.
Because in three days I've ate all but a few handfuls of a bag of family-sized Utz potato chips. (To be fair, they were my dinner on Friday and my lunch on Sunday, so maybe it's not that bad.)

Everything is better with a cape.
One of my friend's celebrates her birthday each year with a cape party bar crawl where everyone wears a cape out and about. It was magnificent. More on this later this week.


Beer is gross.
And I don't understand how people drink it.

Bonnie + wine + Rihanna = dancing
I don't dance. Unless, apparently, a friend insists Rihanna isn't singing "birthday cake," but "birthday cape." And, obviously, if you're wearing a cape, you have no choice but to dance to this.

Bonnie + wine + Kanye = more dancing
He wasn't singing about a birthday cape, but it's Kanye, and I hate that I love him.

I need to stop buying fresh flowers. In the past two weeks I've spent $30 on flowers. In case you weren't aware, I'm not a Rockefeller*, so this needs to stop. 


Taking a three hour nap on Sunday and then sleeping easily on Sunday night means I was really, really tired.
And I shouldn't feel guilty about not getting much done yesterday.

There's nothing wrong with eating peanut butter straight out of the jar with a spoon.
And if there is, then I don't want to be right.



*At what point do we stop referencing a Rockefeller or Vanderbilt when talking about great wealth, and start referring to a Gates, Branson, or Buffett? Or do people already do that and I just insist on staying old school?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails