Friday, July 04, 2008

Day 186: "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive." (Thoams Jefferson)

I love the Fourth of July. Love it. The food. The fireworks. The history. The founding fathers. The Declaration of Independence. The fireworks. (It's the one day of the year I indulge my inner-pyro by gleefully watching other people blow things up.)

To honor all things red, white, and blue I made a patriotic desert trifle. (If you are thinking of Rachel and her trifle with "beef sauteed with peas and onions," I love you.)

For someone's who's cooking follies have been well-documented in this blog, it was quite good. And that's just not my cocky self saying so, the family thought so too. And I don't have one of those families who says nice things because they are family. (Do those even exist in real life? I feel life would be far less interesting.)


4 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy Bonnie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Yummy Bonnie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Yummy Bonnie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just mention "trifle" and I think of Rachel.

    Love,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails