Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 194: Trust the Gorton's fisherman?

When it comes to seafood, I like shrimp, breaded clams, and the cheese biscuits at Red Lobster. And that's it. But I really like shrimp, so I think it makes up for dismissing the rest of the ocean. I generally go for the shrimp in the blue box, but that wasn't on sale, so tonite I bought Gorton's Fisherman shrimp.
I am kind of surprised this is the first time I've had his shrimp as the "trust the Gorton's fisherman" is one of my favorite commercial jingles. (After "do a dollop of Daisy" and "french vanilla cool whip," despite liking neither sour cream nor cool whip.)

Unfortunately, I think Mr. Gorton forgot to put shrimp in his shrimp, as it just tasted like breaded air. Or it could have been my slightly over-cooking it, or the weird organic ketchup I had with it. Oh well, it was on sale so I have another box, will give Mr. Gorton and his fancy yellow raincoat another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails