Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 213: Perseverance

Not new: eating peanut butter out of the jar with a butter knife

New: celebrating one month of deliberately and painfully NOT BUYING A SINGLE* BOOK!! It has been a goal of mine for awhile, and I set out and decided to make July book-free. Which I did! While I normally consider self-control a highly over-rated and slightly ridiculous virtue, I can now see an upside or two.

Must go now, decide which book to buy tomorrow that I've been pining over for the past month!

*Technically, I did buy one book. But it was a guidebook, it was a gift, and since it was for a friend's birthday that was in May, I don't think it counts. And one book is still a new thing compared to my normal monthly purchase of...more than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails