Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Day 190: Hello, Lodz

Not letting my lack of funds or vacation time stop me from travelling this summer, I pulled out the old* atlas and opened to a random page, closed my eyes and pointed, and decided to look up plane tickets to said destination. (Just for fun, of course.)

The first two times I landed on pages on space. I don't know even where to begin to look up plane tickets for this. (But if only I could.)
The third time I got Lodz, Poland. Hardly the exotic, unheard of locale I was aiming for, but it will do. (Though I will have to do more research on it as all I can remember comes from my History of the Holocaust class.)
Leaving in November, clearly the only time worth going, I could get a return ticket to Warsaw through Swiss Air for just $1052. (Really not too bad, I think.) From there it would be just a nice bus or train ride to Lodz, Poland's second largest city.

This would be far more interesting if I blindly picked a random city and just went there. Maybe one day. But at least I have options, thanks Lodz.


*Atlas is literally old, from the 1960s, from Poppy's house. I just realized it still has West and East Germany on it. Off to check out how Africa looks. I love old maps.

2 comments:

  1. Why couldn't your finger land on Fiji, or some where exotic. Why Poland....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poland could be exciting. Their sausage is quite spicy, after all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails