Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Cheers from London!

I didn't mean for it to take me so long to update, but I sort of forgot I had a blog. Oops. :-)

I got here fine, obviously. The flights were fine, though I did have to sit in the middle of the middle section on the flight to London, so that really sucked. I couldn't sleep and the guy in front of me felt it necessary to fully recline for the entire flight duration. And no matter how hard I bumped my knees into the back of the seat, he didn't take the hint.

The hostel here is fine. Not the best I've stayed in, not the worst. But I am really looking forward to finding my own place so I don't have to live out of a suitcase, wear shower shoes, and deal with incredibly obnoxious and loud roommates chattering on in a foreign language and wearing jingle bells at all hours of the night. (I kid you not, I swear one of them must of had on one of those collars that reindeer wear. Or was practicing her tamborine.)

I just got my first interview, for tomorrow, and I also have one set up for Monday. I've e-mailed a bunch of other people, and have to call another guy back. Only problem is I have no idea what the job or position or company is b/c I've been looking at so many, so the job could be over before it's ever started.

I think that's it for now. I'm trying not to get too overwhelmed or disheartened, but it's hard. I went and saw Parliament and the Clock Tower yesterday so as to remind myself why I like it here so much. I also bought a cell phone today, so if you want my number e-mail me. Or you can just e-mail in general, I like opening my e-mail and seeing where someone has written.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, keep your chin up they would be lucky to have you!!! I know I miss you everyday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails