Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Question Time

I'm bored. Sitting at work on reception, with very little to do. I've done everything I can possibly do on the internet and I don't want to read my book. Our phone system is down, with all our calls being diverted to a mobile. It's amazing how confused people get when you tell them they can't talk to who they want to. "You mean they aren't at their desk?" "Then how am I talking to you?" "Please put me through anyway." I've also discovered how incredibly polite British people are when they realize they have the wrong number, "terribly sorrys" and "apologies for the inconvenience."

Since I'm bored, I'd figure I'd open it up and let people ask me questions. Anything I haven't covered that you are just dying to know. So ask me anything, within the boundaries of good taste, and I will respond. Anyone can comment, even anonymously, so let me have it!

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie, you inspired me to start blogging! :) I'm going to email you again sometime, but i'm so glad London is going well! I can't believe you just moved there.. You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are your flatmates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bonnie! I am so glad you have found a job and a flat. Have we had any royal sightings??? Do not forget my room at the royal palace. Remember I pointed it out in your London pictures??(HAHA) I just wanted you to know how proud I am of you to go and live and work in a foreign country! Because you know your chicken Aunt would never do it unless it was a island in the Bahamas-then we are talking!! Well I hope your journey continues to be a good one. I love you! Love, Aunt Amee

    ReplyDelete
  4. How's the weather been, Bonnie? I check the BBC forecast pretty regularly and it sounds like it's been really nice... relatively sunny and in the 60s or 70s. That's just about my ideal. It's actually been really gorgeous in DC lately. The leaves are just beginning to change. That's one of the sadder parts of English weather... the climate is so much cooler that the leaves don't really change in the autumn.

    Oh, one more question: Have you been watching much TV? What's been your favorite programme so far? "Strictly Come Dancing" was a huge favorite with me and Kaitlin, as was any lurid BBC documentary about stepchildren in love or fat girls and feeders or various other fascinating subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you met any blokes? You know I bought you those beer glasses to use with someone special!!;)
    Oh, I have one more ? are the people there as rude to receptionists as they are here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails