Thursday, September 07, 2006

Well, today was about as good as the other days were difficult. First, I met a girl while on the computers at BUNAC, and we decided to live together. She's from New Hampshire, a journalism major too, and seems really nice.

Second, I got a job! It was the first interview I went on, which many may think wasn't smart, especially since it only pays £7 an hour, but I feel really good about it. The people were incredibly nice and funny and I just got a really good feeling. And by a weird turn of events, the girl I'll be living with will be working there too. Start on Thursday, which is a little later than I wanted but better than nothing. And I feel better knowing that I have a job.

Now the only hard part left is finding a place to live, which just may prove to be the hardest part yet. We would like to live close to work so we can walk, but since it's off of Oxford Street, which is just a prime location and near where I wanted to work anyway, it is going to be harder I think since it's so centrally located. So keep your fingers crossed and say just a few more prayers for me.

I am so thoroughly exhausted and am actually looking forward to going back and crashing at the hostel. Thanks for all the e-mails you've been sending, it makes me feel a lot better and I know once some of the craziness dies down and the homesickness sets in, I'll need them even more.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job and the roomie! Those are both huge steps. Once you find a place to stay, you'll be able to settle in and enjoy London.

    Wow, your job is right off Oxford St. I hope you have more restraint than I, because I would have been in Top Shop and H&M and Selfridge's every day in that situation! Where are you working and what will you be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Bonnie! We had quite a time trying to find a place as well, but having a roomie to help out with the search will make things so much easier as well as having a job you can list on the flat applications (very important we found out). In the end we wound up finding our place through a broker and that was super helpful, so if you run across any it might be worth following some of their leads. Definitely praying for you and am SO envious that you're in London right now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails