Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 41: Can you hear me now?

Slowly, as slowly as possible, I am making my transition into being an "adult." Actually, I'm doing so kicking and screaming, but I am doing it nonetheless. I'm learning that part of this whole adult con is paying for things. Paying for lots of things. Some things that I never really thought about before, others that I truly do think should be free. (Food? A necessity. Clothing? Another necessity. I think they should be provided as a public service.) Cell phones cost money too, sadly. Though again, it shouldn't cost so much to keep in touch with loved ones. But I joined the masses today and sold my soul and bought my own cell phone and contract.

The consolation to this soul selling is the pretty new phone I got. An LG Chocolate in "Blue Ice." Her name is Eliza. (After the one and only Ms. Dolittle.)
The real world may kind of suck, but at least it comes with something shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails