Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 50: Come back, Whitney

My iPod, Gemma, and I have had many great adventures together. Though not yet a year old, she has been my companion in many an airport and airplane. She's helped me drown out the unfortunate music in malls in Starbucks. She's kept me from many awkward conversations with strangers on the metro who just can't let silence be silence. And today, we had a new adventure, a first, when I put it on shuffle and let it play without skipping anything that comes up.

Luckily, today was a good shuffle day. I had everything from showtunes (Newsies) to country (Keith Urban) to some emoish/rock stuff I've been listening to lately (Trespassers William). Between my morning and evening commutes I made it through 34 songs...of2846. But as two of these were Whitney Houston songs from "The Bodyguard," I was pretty pumped for my day. And almost willing to do a little interpretative karaoke for the people of Alexandria. Oh well, something for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails