Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Day 100: 100 petals for 100 days

Today I begrudgingly dragged myself downtown to the tidal basin to see the last of the cherry blossoms. I say begrudgingly because I had been putting it off because of the crowds, and knew that they would probably all be green or gone.

But I was wrong.
I saw bits of pink and white as I walked closer and closer to the water, still convinced that I was only going to be left with the remnants. But as the path curved and I got a full view of cherry trees in a field, and then beyond, around the Jefferson Memorial and all around the water, it made me pause and catch my breath a bit. I'm not sure what they look like when at their peak, but they were beautiful today. The day was overcast and a bit windy, but it just meant the pink was prettier and that petals hit my face like snow.
Picture warning: I've had my camera for more than two years and have NEVER had a problem holding it straight. But somehow nearly all of my pictures are crooked. I can't believe as much as I moved around I held it wrong the entire time. Hopefully I can fix them with editing software later. Select to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails