Saturday, April 19, 2008

Day 110: More shopping, shocking

Today I took the metro to D.C.'s one and only Target. This is new for multiple reasons, including the fact that I've never taken anything but someone else's car to a Target. I've never been to Columbia Heights. And, since I don't drive, and as insane as this is, I've never been shopping for an extended period in a Target by myself.

The area is still very up and coming, but the Target and other open stores were nice. It was a two-story one, which I think is also a first for me, and unlike Friday's shopping excursion, I had no problem finding plenty to buy. It wasn't as fun as shopping with someone else, and not just because when it came time to pay, I couldn't not so slyly slide some of my stuff into Mom's purchases. :-)

With the exception of them not demagnetizing my purchase of "Enchanted" properly, so that in all three of the following stores, I set of the security alarm, multiple times, it was a good trip.

3 comments:

  1. I would prefer to shop at Target without your mother and Eva. The last time I went with her I wanted to crawl under my buggy. Do you remember that? I think you were hiding on some aisle. THey were so embrassing that day.
    Love Amm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I dont know how to spell my name that I had for 43 years now.
    Love,AMEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, sadly, I do remember. I have flashbacks every now and then to the horror. Between that and Mom scarring me for life with the whole KMart abandonment, I should just avoid discount stores all together.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails