Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 121: "Instant pumping action"

My lovely phone, Eliza, broke this week, and today I had to make the trek to Pentagon City to have her fixed. (Diagnosis: not good. But they gave me a brand new one instead, newly named Eliza Jr.) While I was waiting I bought a few things at Sephora.

I always find this store very intimidating, with rows upon rows of "try me" products, that I'm always afraid to try, thinking someone will swoop down and force me to buy the teal glitter eyeshadow that I only just wanted to play with. (Plus, I just don't see how it's sanitary.)

But I stayed away from the eyeshadow tonite and went for something more drastic: collagen! I sampled (did not buy) Dior's $29 lip plumper.

"Get luscious, full lips without injections or surgery. Pump up your volume naturally with this revolutionary vanilla mint flavored formula with instant pumping action. Rich in collagen, it also stimulates better collagen production in your lips, too."

Though terrified it would be one of those freaky lip-plumpers that engorge your lips with chemicals that sting and burn, it was just like other lip glosses, with the exception of a slightly medicinal scent. And, as far as I know, did not make me look like Goldie Hawn in "First Wives Club":

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails