Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Day 93: Trying to be more nurturing than a desert

Things that inspired today's new thing:
1. David the Gnome
2. Amelie and her travelling garden gnome
3. And my sad little assorted foliage, Adelaide.

Thus, today I bought my own garden gnome to keep my plant company.
Introducing... Pedwick David Emong. AKA, Ped.
He comes all the way from North Devon in England, where he's been residing in the Gnome Reserve and Wild Flower Garden. While not immune to the occasional harmless prank, he prefers to spend his days "gnome napping," or travelling, and may or may not have made an appearance in the Travelocity commercials. He loves to greet friends by rubbing noses and sharing some of his daisies.

And his newest task? Helping me remember to water my poor Adelaide, and hopefully healing some of the mysterious holes and "curling" of her leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails