Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 144: Seriously, Tar Heel through and through

My family likes to keep a running list of the myriad ways people are able to murder our last name. Churchill, the most common, is only the beginning. It ranges from Upchurch to Churchbell to Caldwell to my personal favorite, until today, Churchhell. How did my lovely last name get mutilated today? ChurchHEEL. That's right, as in Tar Heel. As in nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina as a TAR HEEL. I've never been Churchheeled before, but I like it.

Forget changing my last name if I get married. I'm going to make my husband change it to Churchheel. (Not really, I quite like my last name. And I am on a mission, for the sake of future Churchwells, to make sure everyone I meet can spell it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails