Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 134: Watch out, Lou Dobbs, Europeans in the produce

They are expensive and not "green," but I am a sucker for the bagged salads at the grocery store. They come in so many varieties and if I don't forget about them in the crisper, are good for 2-3 meals. I've had the spinach, the fresh garden, the Italian, and today, I had the European salad-in-a-bag.

I had never seen the European kind before and snatched it up, always on the hunt for something new. Other than some big purple leaves that were actually quite bitter tasting, I'm not sure how it's different from the other salads. Or what makes it European. I think it was maybe 10 cents more though. Have to factor in the Euro to Dollar conversion, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails