I've been fairly hostile for the past few weeks due to lack of sleep, stress, and just being in a bad mood. So to make up for that, things that are making me happy:
- Zac Efron. I have decided he is adorable.
- I'm on a Boat. Amazing. There have been a few Digital Shorts lately that I have just not found remotely funny, but this one kills me. Thanks to Mark Ronson I now pay more attention to what T-Pain is saying than the other guys.
- Demetri Martin coming to DC in April. I first saw his comic special on Comedy Central junior year and have loved him ever since. His jokes are dry and intelligent, which is very refreshing in a comedy landscape dominated by juvenile attempts at humor. (In my opinion of course.) My love for him almost makes up for the completely ABSURD $12 ticketing fee that was added to my ticket. I could rant about that...but I'm not. This is happy time.
- Sunday was Oscar Day, one of my most favorite days of the year! I saw too few of the nominated films this year and will have to be more dilligent next year, but it was still a good time for all.
- The lastest Stuff White People Like post on Moleskines. I confess that I love these notebooks and probably have about 10, not all bought for full price and no two of which are the same. I don't know why I feel guilty every time the "stuff" they post applies to me.
- Had a conversation/discussion/argument at work today about carriage returns, point spacing for paragraphs and bullets, spaces after sentences, and of course, serial commas. This is why I love my job. No, really, that is why I love my job, people get excited about point size! I have found my people.
- Just 11 days until cruise time! Key West and Grand Cayman, here we come! Seriously, I am sick of the cold and am going stir crazy and must get out. To quote Maroon 5, "this city's made us crazy and we must get out." Just 11 days and I'm out.
And that's it for now. There might actually be a few other things making me happy out there but haven't quite made it to list form in my brain. To be continued...