Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Mighty Life List #5: Win an Award

I've been terrible about tracking my Mighty Life List here. I have been slowly crossing off some items and will provide an update at some point. For now I'll highlight one that I thought would take much longer to cross off.

Last week, at my company's Annual Meeting/Halloween party, I received the "Star Performer" award. This award is given out to 1 or 2 employees each year and comes with a trophy, bonus, and my bosses standing in front of everyone saying nice things about me and my work.

The award sitting on my desk. I had it hidden
more on the side but my bosses moved it so it's near
the doorway.

I know I work hard and am good at what I do but I certainly don't think I work the hardest or do the greatest work. So for that I do feel quite embarrassed for the recognition. But I also know that not everyone is lucky enough to receive recognition for their work so I'll take it, smile, and be grateful. I've been at my job for nearly 5 years and it can be stressful and frustrating and annoying but for the most part I just love it and feel very blessed.

Getting mine from our office manager. It was a day late
due to the hurricane so I had our technical director's in the interim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails