Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Day 156: Back to black

Having spent my entire life in the Southeast, I am quite familiar with hurricanes. Skilled with no power for a week, generators, and "stocking up" for a big storm - and even the not so big ones. But weathering a storm in a city, when you have to commute in the lightning and torrential downpour, is another story. Surviving the night in your apartment with no power, without your Daddy and his myriad of flashlights, lanterns, and every other thing you could possibly need to survive an outage, is another story too. (And that is a mega run-on sentence.) Nevertheless, the roommate and I persevered with our candles and my flashlights, including eating dinner by candlelight in my apartment. It has been a long since I've had to do that, and I hope I don't have to repeat it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails