Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 165: TGIF...the 13th

Ah, the weekend. Finally. Mine started off by heading downtown for my monthly book club meeting. (Though I didn't quite finish the book.) I was excited because we were trying a restaurant I walk by all the time but never been to.

I arrived precisely at 7:15, as was one of the other girls. Fifteen minutes later...we were still the only ones. We were stood up. Ouch. But as we were hot and hungry, we didn't waste any time, and instead hightailed it across the street to a pizza place with no hour wait.

I got a lovely pepperoni pizza, and Sangria, which I've never tried at an Italian restaurant. Which means I have now had Sangria at Spanish, American, Asian, and Italian restaurants. I think the Asian place had the best.

It was the smallest club meeting yet, but it could have been worse. I could have been the only one to show up, and been forced to discuss the book with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails