Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 164: I only wish it could have been Doctor Who

After more than 10 years of poor vision, I finally went to an eye doctor by myself. In a mall.

I should be disturbed by the fact that I got my eyes checked a mere three floors above where I would later purchase Taco Bell. (And a drink that would later leak in my purse, onto my jeans, perilously close to "she peed her pants" territory.)

But I digress. Having been to plenty of eye appointments over the years, I wasn't that weary of it being in a mall. Besides, lots of things are in malls now. And, I knew if he were to say, squeeze my eye, or spit on a contact before giving it to me, that would be a sign to take the free pair and run.

I did however firmly mark "no," I am not interested in laser eye surgery, on the form. No eye doctor located beside "Perfumania" will be taking me into a back room to cut up my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails