Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 174: Hometown love

In college, there were three standard reactions I would get when telling people my hometown:
  1. Blank stare.
  2. "Oh, I drive through there on my way to the beach."
  3. "Wow, you have GREAT barbecue!"
It was the latter that brought me my new thing today, at a UNC Alumni picnic in Arlington, featuring none other than straight from Goldsboro, driven up this very morning, Wilber's Barbecue. Thus I had my first ever Wilber's outside of NC. Other than the rather bland hush puppies, it was the same as it always is, which is just how it's supposed to be.

My hometown might be small, but it's home and I love it. And not just because we have the best damn barbecue in the world. (And I'm not prejudiced at all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails