Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Movie review: Up in the Air


On Sunday I saw Up in the Air, which I've been dying to see for more than a month. To say it didn't disappoint would be an understatement. I immediately wanted to see it again and bumped it up onto the list of "most favorite movies."

It was well written and acted, funny, and sad. There was one plot flaw that bugged me, but not enough to dislike it. (Though I could see it bugging other people a lot.)

The review from Entertainment Weekly sums it up better than I can:

"A rare and sparkling gem of a movie. It’s light and dark, hilarious and tragic, romantic and real. It’s everything Hollywood has forgotten how to do."

Now I am a huge George Clooney fan and since I'd watch a movie about him watching paint dry, I might be biased. But I truly think he is an amazing actor who really embodies the characters he plays and make people care. And I never realized how soothing his voice was until this movie. Very peaceful, very calming.

All in all I'd highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails