Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow bunnies and ballerinas

Beginning around Tuesday or Wednesday I started seeing weather reports on this huge winter storm system headed for the south. And as of Thursday night, as that system was reaching its tentacles across the better part of this great nation, our worthy local weather people were calling for "a chance of 1 or 2 inches," but more than likely we'd just get "a light dusting."

Well, someone has some explaining to do.

Saturday, 12:30 p.m. "A light dusting" on my street.

Escalator at the metro, 12:32 p.m.

Kennedy Center, 4:30 p.m. Still snowing.

And why was I at the Kennedy Center on a snow day? To see the ballet, of course. Because when I bought tickets on Monday there was never a hint that come Saturday I'd have to trudge through 4 inches of snow to see American Ballet Theatre perform Romeo and Juliet. But I did and it was worth it.

I absolutely adore the ballet and this is just my second time to see a performance in person. I got a deal on great seats and it was my first show in the Opera House, which is magnificent. I didn't realize when I bought them that it was ABT performing, and if I had I might have picked a different show so I could have seen some of the dancers I am more familiar with. But it was still a very well-danced and produced performance and a great way to spend a "lightly dusted" Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I tried telling you about the danger of moving above the MASON-DIXON line!

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails