Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 229: Golden boy

As much as I claim to hate sports, I readily admit to always loving the history of them. Though it's insane, the feats athletes do now could be remembered 100 years from now; it goes in the history books too.

Something that will definitely be remembered for 100 years and beyond, Michael Phelps winning eight golds at one Olympics. And I saw every one of them, including his final one tonite. I also got to watch some of this year's Olympics with Mom for the first time.

Maybe not the most traditional of new things, but I watched all of his races in 2004, and again this year, with the same kind of heart-pounding anticipation I only experience during Carolina basketball. And I just was never quite sure I'd get to see history made like this.


1 comment:

  1. Amen, Sister!!! It was like watching a Duke-Carolina Game.. But like Carolina he is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails