Saturday, August 30, 2008

Day 243: Quack quack

Busy, busy day full of walking and eating and melting and DC sights! The day started out with the official new thing of the day, my surprise for Joey, a Duck tour of DC. I've seen these around the city and thought they would be tourist-rific. I have been waiting for a willing victim to visit so I could subject them to cheesy tour guides and gawking DCists on the sidewalk.
It took us around downtown, and then directly into the Potomac for a little river cruise. And it ended with complimentary quackers, which we wasted no time putting to use.
But the fun didn't stop there. We saw the Japanese WWII Memorial, had lunch, saw the Navy Memorial, and then set off for the National Archives, Joey's first visit. I was very excited this time to see the Treaty of Paris, which officially goes on view in October.
We made a quick stop by the White House to call on George and Laura, and then headed for the Nats v. Braves game, my first Nats game at night.
I should be happy they won, but you can't undo 15 years of vicariously cheering for them through the brother. It was still a good game though, even though we narrowly missed death by a scary fast line drive.

1 comment:

  1. I need to come to DC I would love to do the duck tour.
    Aunt Amee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails