Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 237: "Trust me just this once - you are the opposite of ordinary." (Edward, Twilight)

The more popular and bandwagon-y something becomes, the less likely I am to try it. I didn't start reading HP until the fourth book was already out. It took me years to admit Brad Pitt was hot. I still haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite. And I just now read and finished a book in the "Twilight" series. It was an impulse buy at the register when I went to get my Michael Phelps Sports Illustrated. I'm not a big fantasy person, and the only vampires I've ever been interested in live in Sunnydale, but I gave it a shot. The story is interesting and has me frantically reading to find out what happens, even though I strongly dislike her writing style. But I'm almost done with the second, so I guess it can't be too bad.

ETA: I HATE THEM. I still haven't even found the right words as to how much I dislike the message, the story, the characters, the writing, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails