Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 262: Who says delinquency is a bad thing?

Living (virtually) on my own in a city requires the development of certain survival techniques. Super human speed to catch the metro before the doors close. Not breathing out of your nose for a sustained length of time when walking in certain areas or sitting near certain people. Needing to break into your own apartment when you've misplaced your key. Or not, as that really has never happened to me. But in case it ever does, I tried to open a door with a library card. Tried being the key word, as it didn't exactly work.However, the roommate tried - I should mention this is not a new thing for her - and of course it worked. So I guess if I ever do lose my key and get locked out, I'll need to have her with me.

1 comment:

  1. I've gotta stay in practice, just in case this whole grad school thing doesn't work out...I can return to my life of crime. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails