Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 264: George's town

After a week of fighting off sleep at my desk and on the metro, I finally got to sleep in today. However, since it was such a beautiful day outside, I could not allow myself to sleep in all day, as had been the original plan. Instead I set off for some errands and some shopping in Georgetown, shopping on M street for the first time since I moved and the first time by myself.

I don't know how I let it go so long, probably something to do with the fact that I always go with someone else because I don't want to get lost. (Which of course I did but only for a little while.) I didn't get anything at the stores I went there for, but got a few good things elsewhere. And it was worth the walk and debit card stress just to hear a white white girl, dressed like a fool in short shorts, boots, and a scarf, loudly rap Kanye West's "you can be my black Kate Moss tonite." Thankfully, no one took her up on the offer, at least while I was around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails