Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 273: Just say no!

The mornings are cooler, pumpkins are for sale, the leaves are falling on the sidewalk in Old Town, making every morning commute a potentially deadly experience, and the allergies appear to be on the way back in. Nowhere near as bad as they were in the Spring, but I still have a perpetually stuffed nose and yucky cough.

In the middle of a coughing fit on the metro this afternoon, the woman in front of me turned around and gave me a cough drop, my first cough drop from a stranger. On the metro. I was getting up to leave when she said "don't worry, no medicine, just Vitamin C," OR "don't worry, no meth, just Vitamin C." Hmm... Either way, as sweet as the gesture, I don't take food items from strangers, with or without meth. So the coughing will continue for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails